It was consecrated in 1854 and is a fine example of early Victorian Church design. It is the youngest of the five churches that make up the Severnside Parishes. The interior decoration incorporates nautical motifs as befits a riverside church and there are beautiful painted ceilings. The organ with its painted pipes dates from 1860 and still produces a good sound.
The PCC has over the years ensured the building is fit for modern life, a kitchen and toilet being added in the late 1990's. Recently there has been a full refurbishment, bringing the beautiful decoration of the church back to it's original colours, new lighting and a projector and screen added.
The church serves the village of Framilode which has approximately 60 mixed age households. However, the enthusiastic and friendly congregation is drawn from a wider area and they enjoy sharing in worship united in their faith and love of God. The church receives good support from the local community via The Friends of Framilode Church, who are very active in raising funds to support the upkeep of the church.
The PCC tries to centre the church in the community and encourages the use of the building for secular activities e.g. concerts, films, plays etc There is active pastoral care and welcoming within the village in the name of Friends of Framilode Church.
The Church is open all year round and has many visitors who comment on the peaceful and reflective atmosphere.
Services have an informal atmosphere and are family friendly and take place at 11.00am on three Sunday's a month. Music is provided by a music group or organist with modern and traditional hymns and songs. Refreshments are served after all services, which allows time for people to share with one another and build up their relationships.
All Site Content - © 2015 - - The Severnside Group of Parishes
Website Designed and Maintained by Skyfire Designs